What Are The Qualities Of A Godly Wife?
The Scriptures give us a good picture of what a godly woman should be, so it is important that we note what God Himself says about the woman he blesses! Here are some great qualities of a godly woman and how they relate to being a godly wife.
1. She is trustworthy–“The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain.” – Proverbs 31:11. When your husband can trust you, he has the foundation he needs to be the man God created him to be!
2. She seeks good–“She does him good and not harm all the days of her life” – Proverbs 31:12. A godly woman seeks good, not evil. She is not a backbiter, gossiper or fight-starter. Instead, she seeks the best for her family and friends.
3. She is creative–“She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands.” – Proverbs 31:13. You may not be much of a wool and flax gatherer, but as a godly woman you use your talents to create, not to destroy.
4. She is diligent–“She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar.” – Proverbs 31:14. A godly woman works hard to provide for her family and help her friends.
5. She is self-less–“She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.” – Proverbs 31:15. Godly women do not think only of themselves; instead, they put others first.
6. She is resourceful–“She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.” – Proverbs 31:16. Godly women use the resources they are given to make themselves prosperous rather than relying on others to do it for them.
7. She is strong–“She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.” – Proverbs 31:17. Physical strength is only one type of strength. The godly woman takes care of her body but also strengthens her mind through study and her heart through prayer.
8. She is economical–“She perceives that her merchandise is profitable. Her lamp does not go out at night.” – Proverbs 31:18. Godly women spend money wisely!
9. She is driven–“She puts her hands to the distaff, and her hands hold the spindle.” – Proverbs 31:19. Godly women are self-motivated to succeed.
10. She is giving–“She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy.” – Proverbs 31:20. A godly woman is not selfish; she helps others.
11. She is prepared–“She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet.” – Proverbs 31:21. Godly women look ahead and plan for the future.
12. She is well-dressed–“She makes bed coverings for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple.” – Proverbs 31:22. A godly woman knows the value of beauty and does not eschew it for false purposes.
13. She is supportive–“Her husband is known in the gates when he sits among the elders of the land.” – Proverbs 31:23. A godly woman supports her husband in all his endeavors.
14. She is hard-working–“She makes linen garments and sells them; she delivers sashes to the merchant.” – Proverbs 31:24. Godly women apply themselves diligently.
15. She has vision–“Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come.” – Proverbs 31:25. Godly women have a plan for the future but are open to God’s will as well.
16. She has wisdom–“She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.” – Proverbs 31:26. A godly woman does not have to be educated or smart to be wise. Her teachings come from the Bible.
17. She is industrious–“She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.” – Proverbs 31:27. Godly women are hard workers!
18. She is respected–“Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:” – Proverbs 31:28. Godly women are respected by their families for their good qualities.
19. She is ambitious–“Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.” – Proverbs 31:29. Being godly does not mean you cannot have plans for the future!
20. She fears the Lord–“Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates.” – Proverbs 31:30. Ultimately, a godly woman’s righteousness is based in her understanding of an adherence to God’s principles.
In Order To Understand God’s Word, It Is Important To Read God’s Word.
This does not just mean a few verses on Sunday before the sermon; it means delving into God’s word on a daily basis. The amount you reach each day does not matter so much as the fact that you think about what you are reading and let it saturate your heart and your mind. In order to truly integrate the Scripture into your life, I can offer you some suggestions for making the Bible a part of your deepest being.
• Repetition. Reading each and every day makes Bible study a habit, and habits become a part of who we are. Do not skip around; take some time each day to reach the Bible, even if it is only for five minutes. Early mornings work well for many people, but you can also study after the kids leave for school or in the evening before you go to bed.
• Surround yourself with printed reminders of Scripture. Base your décor around Scripture art and you will always have constant reminders of your studies. You can even make your own Scripture art and hang it in conspicuous places, like next to your bed, in the kitchen where you cook each day or on your desk. Try to place the Scriptures where you need them most: in places where you tend to look for guidance or feel sad or afraid. If you are battling a specific issues, print out some Scripture that deals with that problem and hang it prominently.
• Use your wait time. If you are facing a long wait in line, why not pop out your reader and study some Scripture? You can use this method when you are waiting in your car at the bank, waiting to pick up the kids from school or waiting in the dentist’s office. It is an easy way to maximize your Scripture reading time.
• Listen to music. With so much great Christian music out there, this is an easy and fun way to get more Scripture into your life! Additionally, many people find that learning a song helps them commit Scripture to memory much more readily than rote memorization.
When you surround yourself with Scripture, you are sure to benefit from your study!
Titus 2: But as for you, speak the things which are fitting for sound doctrine.
Older men are to be temperate, dignified, sensible, sound in faith, in love, in perseverance.…
Being a younger Christian woman in today’s society is difficult. Face it: our society does not always prize the sober, sensible and dignified demeanor advocated by Titus 2! Instead, young women who are loud, brassy, unashamed of their own sin and aggressive seem to get a great deal of attention from the media. This means that young women are receiving a conflicting message: we want you to be feminine but we also want you to be aggressive. The two do not necessarily work together, so many young women are left wondering why they are so unhappy.
God’s plan for us is always good and right. God gives us His guidelines for behavior and when we follow them, good things tend to happen. When we go against them, we tend to bring problems on ourselves. Therefore, young Christian women have a blueprint for a happy and productive life: pay attention to what the Scripture says. You do not have to be a “doormat,” but you should also be considering your role carefully in the context of God’s plan for you. There is no room in a godly woman’s life for promiscuity, anger, aggression and resentment—the hallmarks of many of today’s “leaders.”
How can we help our young Christian women become Godly examples? For one thing, if you know any young Christian women at your church or in your family, seek them out and offer your friendship and support. Young women benefit from watching the example of older women, so you can set that example with your own behavior. If you have daughters, teach them the lessons of the Bible diligently. These are all things you can do to support young Christian women of your acquaintance and make it easier for them to live godly, Scripture-based lives.
Young women, take heart: God has a plan for you and His word is always right! Follow the precepts that He gives in the Bible and you can never go wrong.
You Are Good Enough. Think About That For A Moment.
You are good enough for God to have reached out to you and made a way for you to be saved. The world may tell you that you are not pretty enough, rich enough, smart enough or good enough to be noticed, but the God of Creation reached down and pointed directly at you and said, “You are mine.” No matter what the world tells you or what mistakes you have made in the past, finding your worth in God means that you are able to overcome the past and believe in yourself. The Parker Valley sisters found out that no matter what type of mistakes they made, God was willing to forgive them.
There are many ways we are told every day that we are not worthy. The world seems determined to beat each of us down and break our spirits. Unfortunately, the world is often successful. Many people grow up, live and die feeling that they do not matter. What a tragedy that so many people miss the message that God is sending to the world: you do matter. You are good enough. You are worthy because of the blood of Christ that redeems you.
On our own, we cannot be good enough to merit salvation. In that much, the world is correct. Our past sins and mistakes make us unworthy to step into the presence of the living, perfect Lord. However, God loved us enough to make a way for us to atone for our past sins and become perfect in His sight. That way was through his son, Jesus. When Christ died on the cross, He paid the penalty for our sins. Now, we are worthy!
Just like the Parker Valley sisters, it is important that you learn how valuable you are to Christ. Finding your worth in God is not necessarily an easy process when you may have spent your life feeling unworthy. However, the Bible teaches that no matter what your past sins, you are worth it to God. We could spend the rest of eternity pondering that one amazing fact. You are worth the life of His only Son!