What Are The Qualities Of A Godly Wife?
The Scriptures give us a good picture of what a godly woman should be, so it is important that we note what God Himself says about the woman he blesses! Here are some great qualities of a godly woman and how they relate to being a godly wife.
1. She is trustworthy–“The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain.” – Proverbs 31:11. When your husband can trust you, he has the foundation he needs to be the man God created him to be!
2. She seeks good–“She does him good and not harm all the days of her life” – Proverbs 31:12. A godly woman seeks good, not evil. She is not a backbiter, gossiper or fight-starter. Instead, she seeks the best for her family and friends.
3. She is creative–“She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands.” – Proverbs 31:13. You may not be much of a wool and flax gatherer, but as a godly woman you use your talents to create, not to destroy.
4. She is diligent–“She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar.” – Proverbs 31:14. A godly woman works hard to provide for her family and help her friends.
5. She is self-less–“She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.” – Proverbs 31:15. Godly women do not think only of themselves; instead, they put others first.
6. She is resourceful–“She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.” – Proverbs 31:16. Godly women use the resources they are given to make themselves prosperous rather than relying on others to do it for them.
7. She is strong–“She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.” – Proverbs 31:17. Physical strength is only one type of strength. The godly woman takes care of her body but also strengthens her mind through study and her heart through prayer.
8. She is economical–“She perceives that her merchandise is profitable. Her lamp does not go out at night.” – Proverbs 31:18. Godly women spend money wisely!
9. She is driven–“She puts her hands to the distaff, and her hands hold the spindle.” – Proverbs 31:19. Godly women are self-motivated to succeed.
10. She is giving–“She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy.” – Proverbs 31:20. A godly woman is not selfish; she helps others.
11. She is prepared–“She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet.” – Proverbs 31:21. Godly women look ahead and plan for the future.
12. She is well-dressed–“She makes bed coverings for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple.” – Proverbs 31:22. A godly woman knows the value of beauty and does not eschew it for false purposes.
13. She is supportive–“Her husband is known in the gates when he sits among the elders of the land.” – Proverbs 31:23. A godly woman supports her husband in all his endeavors.
14. She is hard-working–“She makes linen garments and sells them; she delivers sashes to the merchant.” – Proverbs 31:24. Godly women apply themselves diligently.
15. She has vision–“Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come.” – Proverbs 31:25. Godly women have a plan for the future but are open to God’s will as well.
16. She has wisdom–“She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.” – Proverbs 31:26. A godly woman does not have to be educated or smart to be wise. Her teachings come from the Bible.
17. She is industrious–“She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.” – Proverbs 31:27. Godly women are hard workers!
18. She is respected–“Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:” – Proverbs 31:28. Godly women are respected by their families for their good qualities.
19. She is ambitious–“Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.” – Proverbs 31:29. Being godly does not mean you cannot have plans for the future!
20. She fears the Lord–“Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates.” – Proverbs 31:30. Ultimately, a godly woman’s righteousness is based in her understanding of an adherence to God’s principles.